Open Call – Literary Agent
South and East reaches West – digital platform for promotion of writers in post-conflict societies
The project South and East reaches West – digital platform for promotion of writers in post-conflict societies is a cooperation project between the Publishing House Goga (SI), Goten Publishing (MKD), Udruženje Krokodil (SRB), Udruga Kurs (CRO), Poeteka (AL), Qendra Multimedia (Kosovo), PEN Centre BIH and other partners. The project partners are looking for a person who would as a literary agent represent writers from following countries:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia. The agent will represent writers to all West European countries and will take part at book fairs and literary festivals that will be selected by the Reading Balkans Board.
This person will work on the Reading Balkans Programme that is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
Work period: 21 months from January 1st, 2018 to September 30th, 2019.
The selection criteria
- the candidate needs to be proficient in at least two languages of the participating countries and in at least one major language (such as English, German, or French);
- the candidate needs to be familiar with the literature and literary trends in participating countries;
- he /she needs to have experience in book publishing and literature promotion, or/and in translation rights;
- is willing to participate in partners’ meeting and is willing to visit at least two relevant international book fairs per year;
- the candidate should be familiar with the basics of international translation rights selling.
The board will select one candidate and offer him basic training. After the training, the literary agent will also become a member of the Board of the Reading Balkans Programme.
The deadline for the applications is October 20th, 2017.
– Motivation letter
In addition you can find the link for the application through which the all interested candidates can send their applications.